Sunday, August 6, 2023

Guess Who's Back

 Not to lift a line from Eminem or anything but, yeah, here I am. I am alive, despite this blog seeming to be on hiatus since 2020. But so much of everybody's life changed so much in 2020 that I can hardly be blamed for forgetting this thing existed.

In early 2020, my wife and I vacated Mississippi, which I will never consider a bad thing, and moved to Ohio. 

Now, a lot happened in Ohio. I became a pagan. I started working at a warehouse. I got to play "Whose Lane is it Anyway?" during the winter. But I didn't get much writing done. In fact, I'd be surprised if, for the whole year and a half we lived there, I got more than 1000 words written. 

This was due largely to the fact that we lived with friends and all our computers were in a single room, and I cannot write while there are people around, because non-writers always start asking questions, especially when one of the non writers is an autistic 13 year old kid. I love the kid, consider him a nephew, and when I win the lottery, I'll do my best to make sure he's ok, but I do not want him mouth breathing over my shoulder while I try to write.

So I didn't write. I spent the entire time working, playing video games and taking up new hobbies, like wood carving and mead making.

But now, I'm back. Both in Kansas City, where I belong, and I'm back writing. I've started at least 2 new stories that may end up novel length by the time I'm finished with them since we moved here last year, and I'm starting to engage with writer Twitter more as well. (Note: I refuse to call it X. That's ridiculous and Elon Musk should feel bad about it.)

So I decided to come back to this blog again. Maybe I'll try and make it a weekly thing. Maybe I'll start posting chapters of WIPs. I don't know what I'll do. All I know is I'm here and I'm writing.

Thank the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment